All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.17Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Tokyo, in a t-too-distant future, this vel tells the story of Shunsuke, a salaryman, and his complicated relationship with his mad poet father, Mr. Okuda, whose hobby is spying on his son. When Shunsuke falls in love with Iulana, a maelstrom of jealousy is set in motion that culminates in abduction and death. In poetic and imaginative language, Cuenca subtly interweaves reality and fiction, creating a dreamlike world whose palpable characters, including a silicone doll, leave a lasting impression. Written like a crime vel, full of odd events and reminiscent of Haruki Murakami's work, this disturbing, kaleidoscopic story of voyeurism and perversion draws the reader in from the very first page.
- Author BiographyJ. P. CUENCA is the author of Body Present and The Mastroianni Day. He was selected by Granta for The Best of Young Brazilian Novelists and was named one of the thirty-nine highest-profile Latin American writers under the age of thirty-nine. ELIZABETH LOWE is professor and director of the Center for Translation Studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
- Author(s)J. P. Cuenca
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byElizabeth Lowe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.