All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- Description'What could an artist do with a mobile phone?' This was the question photographer Beth Lilly asked herself and the answer become an ongoing participatory art project. Loosely modelled on divination, she uses her phone to make photographs in exchange for a caller's question. Each combination of text and photos creates surprising results that range from sarcastic to humorous to profound. After interpreting the 'readings' each person arrives at entirely different conclusions, suggesting an endless number of possible narratives.
- Author BiographyText contributor Katherine Ware is Curator of Photographs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art's Alfred Stieglitz Center for Photography in the Department of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs. Author and photographer Beth Lilly, born in 1963, grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia. She studied film production and screen play writing at the University of Georgia. Today she works as a photographer based in Atlanta.
- Author(s)Beth Lilly
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note1
- Weight632 g
- Width193 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.