All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor astronaut Ron Garan, living on the International Space Station was a powerful, transformative experience--one that he believes holds the key to solving our problems on Earth. On spacewalks and through windows, Garan was struck by the stunning beauty of the earth from space but sobered by kwing how troubled our planet is. And yet on the International Space Station, Garan, a former fighter pilot, was working side by side with Russians, who only a few years before were the enemy. If fifteennationalities could collaborate on one of the most ambitious, techlogically complicated undertakings in history, surely we can apply that kind of cooperation and invation toward creating a better world. That spirit is what Garan calls the orbital perspective. Garan vividly conveys what it was like learning to work with a diverse group of people in an environment only a handful of human beings have ever kwn. But more importantly, he describes how he and others are working to apply the orbital perspective here at home, embracing new partnerships and processes to promote peace and combat hunger, thirst, poverty, and environmental destruction. This book is a call to action for each of us to care for the most important space station of all: planet Earth. You don't need to be an astronaut to have the orbital perspective.
- Author BiographyCol. Ron Garan (USAF ret.) is a decorated fighter pilot, astronaut, aquanaut, and entrepreneur. He has logged 178 days in space and 71 million miles in orbit. He is the founder of the nonprofit social enterprise incubator Manna Energy Foundation and has worked with the US Agency for International Development. Col. Garan is also the founder of Fragile Oasis (FragileOasis.org), an effort to use the orbital perspective to inspire positive social and environmental action.
- Author(s)Col. Ron Garan
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width65 mm
- Height96 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Foreword byJr.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.