Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 14 Nov
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionTo grow up a boy in Clarksville in my time, recalls the narrator of The Ordways, was to be a double dreamer. For Clarksville, Texas, was where the Old South met the frontier West and family history retold at the annual graveyard working day provided the stuff to fuel a young imagination. Here, then, is the story of Thomas Ordway, the narrator's great-grandfather, who was blinded at Shiloh and moved his family from Tennessee to Texas. Here, too, is the saga of his grandfather, Sam Ordway, who scoured the vast land of Texas in futile search of his three-year-old son, stolen by his neighbor in 1898. Little Ned, that lost, legendary uncle, grew up in the narrator's mind to be w a rancher, w a lonely wrangler, w a good-hearted rustler.
- Author BiographyWilliam Humphrey lives in Hudson, New York. He is the author of, among many other works, Home from the Hill, The Last Husband and Other Stories, and Farther Off from Heaven.
- Author(s)William Humphrey
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.