All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's time to go back to basics! If you're interested in art, but find that it's becoming an increasingly expensive hobby, The Organic Artist is just the book for you! It encourages us all to return to those days when art was made with all-natural materials, such as charcoal and birch bark. Immersing you in the natural world, The Organic Artist seeks to inspire creativity by connecting you to your organic roots. In addition to offering a wide variety of suggestions for using nature as supplies for art, this book also introduces the concepts of awareness and perception that are foundational to the creative process. Readers will refine drawing skills, as well as increase their appreciation for the visual arts and the natural landscape. Some of the projects and skills covered include the following: making paper and wild ink, working with soapstone, clay, wood, and rawhide, printmaking and stenciling, natural pigments and dyes, camouflage and body painting, and nature journaling. In his new book The Organic Artist , Nick masterfully leads the reader on his own magical journey into nature as he collects and crafts organic materials for creating art. The book is t only filled with beautiful images, but easy to understand step-by-step instructions for the reader to follow, ensuring their success. I highly recommend The Organic Artist for anyone who wants to discover the joy of creating with nature. - Matt Tommey, Sculptural Basketry Artist
- Author BiographyNICK NEDDO has been teaching people primitive skills since 2000. His interests span from Stone Age skills and technology, to nature observation and art. Drawing, however, is his first and greatest interest. His skill set also includes wilderness survival, tracking and awareness, basketry and hide tanning. He currently teaches at the Roots School in Vermont, where he runs classes and workshops for both adults and children on primitive arts, Stone-Age living skills, wilderness survival, and nature awareness. He lives in Montpelier, VT.
- Author(s)Nick Neddo
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.