The Organizational Alignment Handbook: A Catalyst for Performance Acceleration by H. James Harrington, Frank Voehl (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn the same way that a well-defined approach is needed to develop an effective strategic plan, an equally well-designed approach is needed to support the alignment of your organization's structure, management concepts, systems, processes, networks, kwledge nets, training, hiring, and reward systems. Examining top-down, bottom-up, and core planning and execution processes, The Organizational Alignment Handbook: A Catalyst for Performance Acceleration provides a systematic approach for establishing the infrastructure needed to support a successful transformation and make your strategic plan a reality. Bridging the gap between macro and micro approaches with a single unified theory, the book provides the understanding needed to assess the effectiveness of your organization's current management system. It explains how to identify potential projects, introduce new practices, plan for resource allocation, and define and recommend decision governance. Identifying the capability constraints you must resolve in order for your company to thrive in an increasingly competitive business environment, the book explains: * How the organizational master plan fits into alignment activities * How strategic planning process and outcomes can be made part of the performance plan for individuals * How to use controllable factors as the foundation for your master plan * How to develop a set of vision statements that defines how your organization will function in the future The management skills your organization currently possesses might be effective in today's environment, but are they the skills needed to meet strategic objectives in the future? This book outlines a step-by-step approach for achieving organization-wide alignment of processes, applications, and systems, and to ensure acceptance of the results by all stakeholders. It includes examples of organizations implementing the strategies discussed as well as a review of the activities you need to follow to minimize the time it takes to reach your performance objectives today and in the future.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author-H. James Harrington In Amy Zuckerman's book, Tech Trending, Dr. Harrington was referred to as the quintessential tech trender. The New York Times referred to him as having a knack for synthesis and an open mind about packaging his knowledge and experience in new ways - characteristics that may matter more as prerequisites for new-economy success than technical wizardry. Well-known business management practices author, Tom Peters, stated, I fervently hope that Harrington's readers will not only benefit from the thoroughness of his effort but will also 'smell' the fundamental nature of the challenge for change that he mounts. William Clinton, past president of the United States, appointed Dr. Harrington to serve as an Ambassador of Good Will. It has been said about him, He writes the books that other consultants use. Harrington Institute was featured on a half-hour TV program, Heartbeat of America, which focuses on outstanding small businesses that make America strong. The host, William Shatner, stated, You [Dr. Harrington] manage an entrepreneurial company that moves America forward. You are obviously successful. Dr. H. James Harrington now serves as the chief executive officer (CEO) for the Harrington Institute and Harrington Middle East. He also serves as the chairman of the board for a number of businesses. Dr. Harrington is recognized as one of the world leaders in applying performance improvement methodologies to business processes. He has an excellent record of coming into an organization, working as its CEO or chief operating officer (COO), resulting in a major improvement in its financial and quality performance. Previous Experience In February 2002 Dr. Harrington retired as the COO of Systemcorp A.L.G., the leading supplier of knowledge management and project management software solutions, when Systemcorp was purchased by IBM. Prior to this, he served as a principal and one of the leaders in the Process Innovation Group at Ernst & Young; he retired from Ernst & Young when it was purchased by Cap Gemini. Dr. Harrington joined Ernst & Young when Ernst & Young purchased Harrington, Hurd & Rieker, a consulting firm that Dr. Harrington started. Before that, Dr. Harrington was with IBM for over 40 years as a senior engineer and project manager. Dr. Harrington is past chairman and past president of the prestigious International Academy for Quality and of the American Society for Quality Control. He is also an active member of the Global Knowledge Economics Council. Credentials H. James Harrington was elected to the honorary level of the International Academy for Quality, which is the highest level of recognition in the quality profession. H. James Harrington is a government-registered Quality Engineer, a Certified Quality and Reliability Engineer by the American Society for Quality Control, and a Permanent Certified Professional Manager by the Institute of Certified Professional Managers. He is a Certified Master Six Sigma Black Belt and received the title of Six Sigma Grand Master. H. James Harrington has an MBA and PhD in engineering management and a BS in electrical engineering. H. James Harrington's contributions to performance improvement around the world have brought him many honors. He was appointed the honorary advisor to the China Quality Control Association, and was elected to the Singapore Productivity Hall of Fame in 1990. He has been named lifetime honorary president of the Asia-Pacific Quality Control Organization and honorary director of the Associacion Chilena de Control de Calidad. In 2006 Dr. Harrington accepted the honorary chairman position of Quality Technology Park of Iran. H. James Harrington has been elected a Fellow of the British Quality Control Organization and the American Society for Quality Control. In 2008 he was elected to be an Honorary Fellow of the Iran Quality Association and Azerbaijan Quality Associati
- Author(s)Frank Voehl,H. James Harrington
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleManagement Handbooks for Results
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.