All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the organizational character of American religious history and points to a tentative but significant conclusion: The Presbyterian Church has been undergoing an organizational revolution, and the roots of this revolution seem to have preceded the dramatic membership decline that began in the mid-1960s. Through its examination of American Presbyterianism, the Presbyterian Presence series illuminates patterns of change in mainstream Protestantism and American religious and cultural life in the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyMilton J. Coalter is Library Directorand William B. and Mildred L. Nivison Professor at Union Theological Seminary and Presbyterian School of Christian Education in Richmond, Virgina. He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). John M. Mulder was formerly President and Professor of Historical Theology at Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. He is the author of several books on Presbyterian history. Louis B. Weeks is President Emeritus of Union Theological Seminary and Presbyterian School of Christian Education in Richmond, Virginia.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleThe Presbyterian Presence
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn M. Mulder,Louis B. Weeks,Milton J. Coalter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.