The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature by Kimberly Persiani, Steve Springer (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.44+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps you teach your students to love reading and books, with help from an expert. Encouraging students to read is a daunting task when you have to compete with YouTube and video games. You kw that if you could just get your kids excited about reading, they would discover a world of enchantment and a love that will last a lifetime. The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature will help you spark your students' passion for reading. The books selected by award-winning author and reading expert Kimberly Persiani promise to engage your students with a variety of themes and appealing topics. From character-building titles to multicultural selections and books that celebrate holidays, you are sure to find a book that will fit your lesson plans - and, at the same time, capture your students' attention and imagination. Kimberly also shows you how her selections can be linked across your curriculum and satisfy Common Core Standards. Among hundreds of valuable ideas, The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature provides: antated lists of fiction and nfiction picture and chapter books perfect for every level, from preschool to teen; lexile levels and grade levels for every book recommendation; academic curriculum tie-ins that meet the Common Core Standards and complement lesson plans in math, science, social studies, and other areas; strategies to increase reading comprehension, vocabulary development, theme interpretation, and more; suggested projects to enhance student understanding of a book, such as reports and group discussions; advice on how to set up and organize a library for efficiency and enjoyment; and lists of literary awards from the year 2000 to the current day, including Caldecott, Newbery, Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpre, and Scott O'Dell awards. Let The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature help you develop your students' wonder of reading. Your efforts will t only put them on a path to academic success but also will launch their journey of being lifelong readers.
- Author BiographyKimberly Persiani, EdD, is an associate professor at California State University, Los Angeles in the area of Curriculum and Instruction. She presents at local and international conferences for bilingual education, children's literature, gender equity and moral and character education. Steve Springer is a fulltime classroom teacher with a Master's in Curriculum and Instruction from Concordia University, with a special focus on the arts throughout the subject areas and the incorporation of technology into the curriculum. He also presents at bilingual conferences, new teacher conferences and regularly attends children's literature conferences. He has also illustrated six McGraw-Hill titles.
- Author(s)Kimberly Persiani,Steve Springer
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNTC Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.