All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Origami Home takes a high-design approach to the traditional Japanese art form to enable you to create the ultimate 'designer doll's house' made from paper. Origami expert Mark Bolitho explains how to make furniture and accessories for every room in the home, including armchairs and sofas, dining tables and chairs, a four-poster bed, a bookcase and a selection of designer-style lamps. The models are presented within room sets, each with its own interior style - from Shaker to Scandinavian, country to contemporary. Variations demonstrate how the choice of paper - floral, geometric, striped, pictorial or plain - influences the style of the finished piece, and will inspire you to create room sets in any style you choose. For each room set there are step-by-step folding instructions for the key pieces featured in the room. The back of the book holds a pocket containing a selection of origami papers to get you started. The mix of furniture designs, along with the unique and fun presentation style, will ensure that The Origami Home appeals to anyone with a passion for design and interiors, as well as origami and craft enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyMARK BOLITHO has been involved with origami for almost 35 years and is Chairman of the British Origami Society. Having worked for many years as an accountant, he now devotes his time to origami, from creating and authoring books and kits to undertaking commissions for large-scale exhibitions. He works on personal projects as well as numerous bespoke one-offs; this includes advertising and design projects for Canon, BBC TV, Sony and the Telegraph newspaper group. Much of his work centres on the London design community, but he has also worked on projects around the world, including Japan, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, France, Singapore, Serbia and Dubai. He is the author of several books and kits about origami, including Start Origami, Origami London and Creaselightning.
- Author(s)Mark Bolitho
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note200 colour photographs
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.