All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis spare, unforgettable vel is Pierre Michon's lumius exploration of the mysteries of desire. A young teacher takes his first job in a sleepy French town. Lost in a succession of rainy days and sleepless nights, he falls under the spell of a town resident, a woman of seductive beauty and singular charm. Yvonne. Yvonne. Everything about her screamed desire...setting something in motion while settling a fingertip to the counter, turning her head slightly, gold earrings brushing her cheek while she watched you or watched thing at all; this desire was open, like a wound; and she knew it, wore it with valor, with passion. Michon probes the destructive powers of passion and the consuming need for love in this heartbreaking vel.
- Author BiographyPierre Michon is an author of high acclaim in France and Europe. He was winner of the Prix France Culture in 1984 for his first book, Small Lives, and of the 1996 Prix de la Ville de Paris for his body of work. He lives in France. Wyatt Mason, a contributing writer for the New York Times Magazine and a contributing editor at Harper's, has translated writing by Pierre Michon, Eric Chevillard, Michel de Montaigne, and Arthur Rimbaud. He teaches at Bard College.
- Author(s)Pierre Michon
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Margellos World Republic of Letters
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight158 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byWyatt Mason
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.