The Origins and Foundations of Music Education: Cross-Cultural Historical Studies of Music in Compulsory Schooling by Continuum Publishing Corporation (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.67+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark collection will explore the origins and foundations of music education across five continents. The introduction of music as a compulsory subject in schools is of unique significance for music educationists and researchers. However, their shared kwledge of this phemen is fragmentary and there is consequently a need for more comprehensive documentation and analysis of the foundational aspect of school music from a variety of international perspectives. Origins and Foundations of Music Education considers the following key issues: the inclusion of music as part of the compulsory school curriculum in the context of the historical and political landscape; the aims, objectives and content of the music curriculum as a compulsory subject; teaching methods; the provision and training of teachers of music; and, the experiences of pupils experiencing this musical education. Contributors have been carefully selected to represent countries which have incorporated music into compulsory schooling for a variety of differing reasons giving a diverse collection which will guide future actions and policy. Continuum Studies in Educational Research (CSER) is a major new series in the field of educational research. Written by experts and scholars for experts and scholars, this ground-breaking series focuses on research in the areas of comparative education, history, lifelong learning, philosophy, policy, post-compulsory education, psychology and sociology. Based on cutting edge research and written with lucidity and passion, the CSER series showcases only those books that really matter in education - studies that are major, that will be remembered for having made a difference.
- Author BiographyRobin Stevens is a Principal Fellow in the Faculty of the VCA (Victorian College of the Arts) and Music at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He was formerly Associate Professor of Music Education at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. Gordon Cox currently serves on the History Standing Committee of the International Society for Music Education and was, until recently, Senior Lecturer in Music Education at the University of Reading, UK.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Educational Research
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGordon Cox,Robin Stevens
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.