All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Origins of Italian Fashion examines the history of Italian fashion from the beginning of the twentieth century, when the Lombard tailor Rosa Geni created the first Italian fashion house independent from the prevailing French style, to World War II, when the Fascist regime co-opted fashion as a propaganda tool. Illustrated with archive material from the designers and the earliest Italian fashion magazines, this book concentrates on the most important designers from the early years of Italian fashion. From Gabriella di Robilant, the Italian 'inventor' of sportswear fashion, to Salvatore Ferragamo and his famous orthopaedic shoes, to Elsa Schiaparelli, the first great protagonist of Italian style, these designers' influence continues to be felt today.
- Author Biographysofia gnoli is a fashion historian and journalist. She teaches history of fashion at La Sapienza Universita di Roma and is the author of La donna, l'eleganza, il fascismo (2000), Moda & Teatro (2008) and Moda: Dalla nascita della haute couture a oggi (2012).
- Author(s)Sofia Gnoli
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width200 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.