All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionPete Rollins is inspired by the fact that all language fails when it comes to describing God. This, he says, is what urishes poets and pilgrims alike as they try to capture, enact and incarnate truth. Such truth can only be lived - it cant be reduced to mere words. From this starting point, he revisits the parables of Jesus - odd and unexpected stories that set hearers and readers spinning off course from what is safe and familiar towards some completely new kind of understanding. Parables are subversive; they never attempt to make faith simplistic. A parable does t primarily provide information about our world. Rather, if we allow it to do its work within us, it will change our world-breaking it - and us - open to wholly new possibilities. In the spirit of Jesus' parables, Peter offers some transformative stories of his own.
- Author BiographyPete Rollins is the founder and co-ordinator of IKON, an emergent church community in Belfast, www.ikon.org.ouk He is the author of How (Not ) to Speak of God and a contributor to Evaluating Fresh Expressions.
- Author(s)Peter Rollins
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication28/07/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight182 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.