All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential book on fly tying will teach anyone how to tie flies. All the important techniques are illustrated with color photographs, from starting the thread on the hook to whip finishing. The book lays the basic ground work by fully explaining simple tying techniques, and then progresses to detailed tying instructions for some of the most popular, modern patterns. How to choose and prepare the correct material, and all the necessary tying steps for each fly, are detailed in superb, large, color photographs. Even if you have previous tying experience, you'll be able to tie dries, nymphs, streamers, saltwater offerings, and bass bugs after just a few sessions with this book. The tier is then advised how to progress to similar patterns using the same basic techniques. Also included is a huge reference of fly patterns--more than four hundred flies from the Orvis catalog are shown in full color, along with their tying recipes and proportions for each one. This book, calling on the Orvis Company's vast resources and teaching experience and written by an author whose name is synymous with Orvis, is sure to become the bible for fly tyers of all skill levels.
- Author BiographyTOM ROSENBAUER has been a fly fisher for nearly four decades, and was tying flies commercially at age fourteen. He is the author of numerous books, including The Orvis Guide to Reading Trout Streams (page TK), The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide (page TK), The Orvis Streamside Guide to Trout Foods and Their Imitations (page TK), and The Orvis Streamside Guide to Leaders, Knots, and Tippets (page TK), as well as countless articles for American Angler, Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and other periodicals. He is a vice president at the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, and lives in nearby Arlington.
- Author(s)Tom Rosenbauer
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleOrvis
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight75 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.