The Orvis Guide to Fly Fishing: More Than 300 Tips for Anglers of All Levels by David Klausmeyer, Tom Rosenbauer, Conway X. Bowman (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.53+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn this compendium of fly fishing from three of the most respected names in the sport, Tom Rosenbauer, David Klausmeyer, and Conway X. Bowman share all of their most successful fly-fishing secrets. With tips on fresh- and saltwater fly fishing and tying flies, this book will help readers become the best flyfishermen they can be. The chapters discuss a wide range of fly-fishing topics, including: Choosing the right equipment, such as rods, reels, fly lines, and waders Casting under different conditions How to find and catch trout Which tides are best for saltwater fly fishing Essential items to pack for a saltwater fly-fishing trip How to prepare for emergency situations Taking care of your tackle Selecting the right materials for tying flies Tying dry flies that ride higher and float longer And much more Never has there been a more comprehensive guide to the fulfilling sport of fly fishing. To catch that trophy you've been waiting for, The Orvis Guide to Fly Fishing is the perfect companion on your next fly-fishing adventure. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyTom Rosenbauer began commercial fly tying at age fourteen, and he has been a fly fisher for over forty years. He is the author of more than fifteen books, including The Orvis Guide to Reading Trout Streams, The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide, and Fly Fishing in America. He has worked for Orvis for thirty-six years. He is the Fly Rod & Reel 2011 Angler of the Year and resides in Pawlet, Vermont. David Klausmeyer has been the editor in chief of Fly Tyer magazine for fifteen years. He has written numerous books and articles about fly tying and now does blogs and webcasts about them as well. He lives in Steuben, Maine. Conway X. Bowman is an expert fly fisherman and owner of Bowman Bluewater--where he guides for bluewater species on the fly, notably killer mako sharks. He has mastered extreme fly fishing in rivers, lakes, and seas. He is currently host of Dollar Wise Fly on Versus Network and co-hosted ESPN's In Search of Flywater. Bowman also has been featured in national magazines including Field & Stream, Men's Journal, and Wild On the Fly. He currently holds the IGFA world record for redfish caught on the fly and resides in San Diego, California.
- Author(s)Conway X. Bowman,David Klausmeyer,Tom Rosenbauer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleOrvis Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note355 color photos, 141 color illustrations
- Weight1371 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.