All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionHailed by The New York Times as a natural-born storyteller, the acclaimed author of Rules of the Wild gives us nine incandescently smart stories, funny, elegant, and poignant by turns, that explore the power of change in relationships, in geographies, and across cultures to reveal unexpected aspects of ourselves. Taking us to Venice during film festival season, where a woman buys a Chanel dress she can barely afford; to a sun-drenched Greek village at the height of the summer holidays, where a teenager encounters the shocksof first love; and to a classical dance community in southern India, where a couple gives in to the urge to wander, these remarkable tales bring to life characters stepping outside their boundaries into new passions and destinies. Enlivened by Francesca Marcia s wit, clear eye, and stunning evocations of people and places, The Other Language is an enthralling tour de force rich with many pleasures.
- Author BiographyFRANCESCA MARCIANO is the author of the novels Rules of the Wild, Casa Rossa, and The End of Manners. She lives in Rome.
- Author(s)Francesca Marciano
- PublisherPantheon Books
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPantheon Books
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.