All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes it is the people we think we kw the best who surprise us the most.1986, London: Klaudia is about to start high school. She's embarrassed by her German father--he's the janitor at her school, he has a funny accent and a limp. And when the kids at school taunt her by saying he was a Nazi during the war, she can't dispute them with confidence. She's never kwn exactly what he may or may t have done during the war. It is a period of time one will ever discuss.1995, Leeds: Eliza is in love. She has dropped out of university to pursue her passion--dance. But then talented artist Cosmo comes along and soon Eliza realizes that she might have room in her life for two loves. But can she really continue to lie to everyone around her? And why is she so afraid of the truth? 1930s, Germany: Two brothers are trying to fend for themselves during the chaos of the rise of the Third Reich. One brother rallies for the Fuhrer, one holds back. One is seemingly good, one bad. But history seems to tell a completely different story.All of these characters' fates will collide in a vel that explores what we are ultimately willing to do for love. Saskia Sarginson hyptically examines whether our identities are tied to where we've come from in a captivating mystery that shows how sometimes history doesn't tell the true story.
- Author BiographySASKIA SARGINSON was awarded an MA in Creative Writing after a BA in English Literature from Cambridge University. Before becoming a full-time author, she was a health and beauty editor on women's magazines, a ghost writer for the BBC and HarperCollins, and a copy-writer and script editor. She lives in south London with her four children. Her first novel, THE TWINS, was chosen for the Richard & Judy autumn bookclub 2013 and received outstanding international review coverage.
- Author(s)Saskia Sarginson
- PublisherFlatiron Books
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlatiron Books
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.