All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis prize-winning vel portrays the shallowness of the petrodollar culture and the price one pays for quick money. The protagonist, an educated middle-class Egyptian from Alexandria, describes his experiences and those of migrant workers and professionals in one of the Gulf states, and their interaction with the oil-rich country's local elite and with agents of western businesses.
- Author BiographyIbrahim Abdel Meguid has combined critical and creative writing throughout his literary career. Soon after completing a B.A. in philosophy at Alexandria University, he published his first novel. He is also a Consultant for Cultural Matters at the Popular Culture Council. Farouk Abdel Wahab, the Ibn Rushd Professorial Lecturer in Arabic at the University of Chicago, has translated numerous Arabic works of fiction, most recently Birds of Amber by Ibrahim Abdel Meguid (AUC Press, 2005).
- Author(s)Ibrahim Abdel Meguid
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight440 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byFarouk Abdel Wahab
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.