Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.42
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Rachel Cusk's A Life's Work or Maggie O'Farrell's The Hand That First Held Mine comes a complex, tender and gorgeously written vel of parenthood, love and marriage that is impossible to put down. Cambridge 1963. Charlotte struggles to reconnect with the woman she was before children, and to find the time and energy to paint. Her husband, Henry, cant face the thought of ather English winter. A brochure slipped through the letterbox gives him the answer: 'Australia brings out the best in you'. Charlotte is too worn out to resist, and before she kws it is travelling to the other side of the world. But on their arrival in Perth, the southern sun shines a harsh light on both Henry and Charlotte and slowly reveals that their new life is t the answer either was hoping for. Charlotte is left wondering if there is anywhere she belongs, and how far she'll go to find her way home...
- Author BiographyStephanie Bishop was named as one of the Sydney Morning Herald's Best Young Novelists for her first novel, The Singing, and has been shortlisted for numerous Australian literary awards. She studied in Cambridge, where much of the novel is set, and is currently a lecturer in Creative Writing at the University of New South Wales.
- Author(s)Stephanie Bishop
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTinder Press
- Out-of-print date01/03/2017
- Weight532 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.