All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThough the Filipi American population has increased numerically in many areas of the United States, especially since the influx of professional immigrants in the wake of the 1965 Immigration Act, their impact on schools and related educational institutions has rarely been documented and examined. The Other Students: Filipi Americans, Education, and Power is the first book of its kind to focus specifically on Filipi Americans in education. Through a collection of historical and contemporary perspectives, we fill a profound gap in the scholarship as we analyse the emerging presence of Filipi Americans both as subjects and objects of study in education research and practice. We highlight the argument that one cant adequately and appropriately understand the complex histories, cultures, and contemporary conditions faced by Filipi Americans in education unless one grapples with the specificities of their colonial pasts and presents, their unique migration and immigration patterns, their differing racialisation and processes of identity formations, the connections between diaspora and community belonging, and the various perspectives offered by ethnic group-centred analysis to multicultural projects. The historical, methodological and theoretical approaches in this anthology will be of interest to scholars, researchers and students in disciplines which include Education, Ethnic Studies, Asian American and Pacific Islander Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science, Urban Studies, Public Policy and Public Health.
- Author BiographyDina C. Maramba , SUNY Binghamton, USA. Rick Bonus , University of Washington, USA.
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDina C. Maramba,Rick Bonus
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.