Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe groundbreaking book that explains Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)--and presents a drug-free approach that offers hope for parents--w revised and updated. Does your child exhibit... Over-responsivity--or under-responsivity--to touch or movement? A child with SPD may be a sensory avoider, withdrawing from touch, refusing to wear certain clothing, avoiding active games--or he may be a sensory disregarder, needing a jump start to get moving. Over-responsivity--or under-responsivity--to sounds, sights taste, or smell? She may cover her ears or eyes, be a picky eater, or seem oblivious to sensory cues. Cravings for sensation? The sensory craver never gets eugh of certain sensations, e.g., messy play, spicy food, isy action, and perpetual movement. Poor sensory discrimination? She may t sense the difference between objects or experiences--unaware of what she's holding unless she looks, and unable to sense when she's falling or how to catch herself. Unusually high or low activity level? The child may be constantly on the go--wearing out everyone around him--or move slowly and tire easily, showing little interest in the world. Problems with posture or motor coordination? He may slouch, move awkwardly, seem careless or accident-prone. These are often the first clues to Sensory Processing Disorder--a common but frequently misdiagsed problem in which the central nervous system misinterprets messages from the senses. The Out-of-Sync Child offers comprehensive, clear information for parents and professionals--and a drug-free treatment approach for children. This revised edition includes new sections on vision and hearing, picky eaters, and coexisting disorders such as autism and Asperger's syndrome, among other topics.
- Author BiographyCarol Stock Kranowitz, M.A., is the author of The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up, The Out-of-Sync-Child, and The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun. She is also the co-author on Growing an In-Sync Child with Joye Newman, M.A. She has been a preschool teacher for more than 25 years. She has developed an innovative program to screen young children for Sensory Processing Disorder, and writes and speaks regularly about the subject. She has an M.A. in Education and Human Development.
- Author(s)Carol Stock Kranowitz
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- *classicthreads23 Sep, 2011by
An easy to read informative book.
An easy to read no nonsense book for parents just finding out that their child may have sensory issues.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.