All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Overman in the Marketplace explores the emergence and significance of a Nietzschean heroic model in twentieth-century popular culture, some table examples of which are such pop culture icons as James Bond, Tarzan, Hannibal Lecter and Ayn Rand's heroes. Taking on the nineteenth-century romantic rebellion against realism, the Nietzschean hero becomes a crusader against the perceived leveling-down of mass society. The bourgeois, realistic hero is ousted in favor of a neo-aristocratic hero who roams beyond good and evil, longer bound to any universalistic mission, in fact doing all he can to repel the rising tides of egalitarianism. This engaging book aims at integrating the analysis of Nietzschean heroism into a comprehensive social and ideological critique. The Overman in the Marketplace is a captivating text that will appeal to those interested in philosophy and popular culture.
- Author BiographyIshay Landa is a Minerva Fellow at the Technische Universitaet in Braunschweig, Germany.
- Author(s)Ishay Landa
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication13/09/2007
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.45Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.