All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description[SERIES COPY: ] This informative, colorful, and fun-to-use series of guides is perfect for anyone who wants to learn a second language quickly and easily. Each volume employs the amusing and always true-to-life cartoon strips of Claire Bretecher--an artist rewned in Europe for her witty and controversial cartoons--to t simply explain but illustrate the words and wording of a given foreign language in its common, everyday use. While there are other cartoon dictionaries on the market, most of them provide only single cartoons. This attractive series, on the other hand, provides whole strips which tell a story and effectively bring context and other memorable features to one's learning. And only this series offers cartoons done in full color, and written by a popular cartoonist. These vocabulary-builders are the perfect starting place for people who want to begin, or else strengthen, their acquisition of French, German, or Spanish.
- Author BiographyMarie-Helene Correard was the managing editor of the Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2000
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date10/05/2010
- Content Note30 cartoon strips
- Weight321 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byMarie-Helene Correard
- Illustrator(s)Claire Bretecher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.