Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionDetermining the biological bases for behavior, and the extent to which we can observe and explain their neural underpinnings, requires a bold, broadly defined research methodology. The interdisciplinary entries in this handbook are organized around the principle of molecular psychology, which unites cutting-edge research from such wide-ranging disciplines as clinical neuroscience and genetics, psychology, behavioral neuroscience, and neuroethology. For the first time in a single volume, leaders in diverse research areas use molecular approaches to investigate social behavior, psychopathology, emotion, cognition and stress in healthy volunteers, patient populations, and an array of n-human species including rodents, insects, fish, and n-human primates. Chapters draw on molecular methods covering candidate genes, geme-wide association studies, copy number variations, gene expression studies, and epigenetics while addressing the ethical, legal, and social issues to emerge from this new and exciting research approach.
- Author BiographyTurhan Canli is an Associate Professor of Psychology and Radiology at Stony Brook University, where he is the founder and director of the SCAN (Social, Cognitive, and Affective Neuroscience) Center. He is a past director of the Graduate Program in Genetics. Dr. Canli's research focuses on individual differences in emotion, personality, and social behavior, and integrates tools from psychology, neuroscience, and molecular biology.
- Author(s)Turhan Canli
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteWith illustrations
- Weight1196 g
- Width188 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.