All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionDeath has long been a pre-occupation of philosophers, and this is especially so today. The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Death collects 21 newly commissioned essays that cover current philosophical thinking of death-related topics across the entire range of the discipline. These include metaphysical topics-such as the nature of death, the possibility of an afterlife, the nature of persons, and how our thinking about time affects what we think about death-as well as axiological topics, such as whether death is bad for its victim, what makes it bad to die, what attitude it is fitting to take towards death, the possibility of posthumous harm, and the desirability of immortality. The contributors also explore the views of ancient philosophers such as Aristotle, Plato and Epicurus on topics related to the philosophy of death, and questions in rmative ethics, such as what makes killing wrong when it is wrong, and whether it is wrong to kill fetuses, n-human animals, combatants in war, and convicted murderers. With chapters written by a wide range of experts in metaphysics, ethics, and conceptual analysis, and designed to give the reader a comprehensive view of recent developments in the philosophical study of death, this Handbook will appeal to a broad audience in philosophy, particularly in ethics and metaphysics.
- Author BiographyBen Bradley is Allan and Anita Sutton Professor of Philosophy at Syracuse University. Fred Feldman is Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Jens Johannson is Associate Professor in the Department of Philosophy at Uppsala Universitet.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width179 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBen Bradley,Fred Feldman,Jens Johansson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.