All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook provides both an overview of state-of-the-art scholarship in philosophy of science, as well as a guide to new directions in the discipline. Section I contains broad overviews of the main lines of research and the state of established kwledge in six principal areas of the discipline, including computational, physical, biological, psychological and social sciences, as well as general philosophy of science. Section II covers what are considered to be the traditional topics in the philosophy of science, such as causation, probability, models, ethics and values, and explanation. Section III identifies new areas of investigation that show promise of becoming important areas of research, including the philosophy of astromy and astrophysics, data, complexity theory, neuroscience, simulations, post-Kuhnian philosophy, post-empiricist epistemology, and emergence. Most chapters are accessible to scientifically educated n-philosophers as well as to professional philosophers, and the contributors - all leading researchers in their field - bring diverse perspectives from the North American, European, and Australasian research communities. This volume is an essential resource for scholars and students.
- Author BiographyPaul Humphreys is Commonwealth Professor of Philosophy and co-Director of the Center for the Study of Knowledge and Data at the University of Virginia. His principal philosophical interests are general philosophy of science, emergence, computational science, probability, data, and digital humanities.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight1744 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edited byPaul Humphreys
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.