All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew publications have changed the landscape of contemporary psychology more than Richard Lazarus and Susan Folkman's landmark work, Stress, Appraisal, and Coping. Its publication in 1984 set the course for years of research on the dynamic processes of psychological stress and coping in human beings. Now more than a quarter-century later, The Oxford Handbook of Stress, Health, and Coping pushes the field even further with a comprehensive overview of the newest and best work in this dynamic subject. Edited by Susan Folkman and comprising chapters by the field's leading scientists, this new volume details the expanded kwledge base that has emerged from extensive research on stress and coping processes over the last several decades. Featuring 22 topic-based chapters - including two by Folkman - this volume offers unprecedented coverage of the two primary research topics related to stress and coping: mitigating stress-related harms and sustaining well-being in the face of stress. Both topics are addressed within their relevant contexts, including chronic illness, calamity, bereavement, and social hardship. The Oxford Handbook of Stress, Health, and Coping is an essential reference work for students, practitioners, and researchers across the fields of health psychology, medicine, and palliative care.
- Author BiographySusan Folkman, Ph.D., is Director of the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and Distinguished Professor of Integrative Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine. Peter E. Nathan is the University of Iowa Foundation Distinguished Professor of Psychology.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1033 g
- Width188 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited bySusan Folkman
- Series Edited byPeter E. Nathan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.