Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of play in human development has long been the subject of controversy. Despite being championed by many of the foremost scholars of the twentieth century, play has been dogged by underrepresentation and marginalization in literature across the scientific disciplines. The Oxford Handbook of the Development of Play marks the first attempt to examine the development of children's play through a rigorous and multidisciplinary approach. Comprising chapters from the foremost scholars in psychology, anthropology, and evolutionary biology, this handbook resets the landscape of developmental science and makes a compelling case for the benefits of play. Edited by respected play researcher Anthony D. Pellegrini, The Oxford Handbook of the Development of Play is both a scientific accomplishment and a shot across the bow for parents, educators, and policymakers regarding the importance of children's play in both development and learning.
- Author BiographyAnthony D. Pellegrini, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Educational Psychology at the University of Minnesota.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight718 g
- Width182 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnthony D. Pellegrini
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.