All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated book provides a comprehensive introduction to medieval England. Written by expert scholars and drawing on the latest research, it offers an authoritative survey of the years from the departure of the Roman legions to the Battle of Bosworth. The middle ages were a time of profound diversity and change. The main political themes are explored in three narrative chapters, covering the Anglo-Saxon period, the Normans and Angevins, and the late middle ages. Chapters on the social, cultural, and religious life of the period add context to the political and institutional developments traced and cover topics as varied as the nature of national identity, urban life, art and architecture, religious practice, and the development of vernacular literature. 180 illustrations, maps, family trees, a chrology, guide to further reading, and a full index make this an indispensable guide to England in the middle ages.
- Author BiographyNigel Saul is Reader in Medieval History, Royal Holloway, University of London.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleOxford Illustrated History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Note36 colour plates, halftones throughout, maps
- Weight708 g
- Width189 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNigel Saul
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.