All listings for this product
About this product
- Description- A daybook containing information about rituals and celebrations that have for centuries been associated with the changing seasons of the year. - Includes charts of equixes and solstices, movable holy days, and monthly lunar phases through 2033 - First edition sold more than 30,000 copies Pagan rites and festivals are at the root of many traditional holidays in the Western world. Embracing a sensitivity we have lost, the Pagan traditions emphasize mystical spirituality, reverence for the feminine principle, and the links between people and the earth. This unique daybook contains a treasury of information about rituals and celebrations that have for centuries been associated with the changing seasons of the year. Included are the observances of the ancient Greek, Roman, Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, and Norse traditions, as well as Wiccan traditions and the worship of the Goddess. In <i>The Pagan Book of Days</i> the author provides details on auspicious and inauspicious days, holy days of ancient gods and goddesses, and the eight stations of the year (the solstices, equixes, and cross-quarter days). He also includes lunar and solar charts indicating dates of major Pagan celebrations from the year 2011 through 2033. Illustrations throughout depict images from the classical and rthern European traditions. <i>The Pagan Book of Days</i> is an enlightening way to incorporate these ancient cultural and spiritual practices and awarenesses into your daily life.
- Author BiographyAn authority on ancient belief systems, traditions, runes, and geomancy, Nigel Pennick is the author of several books, including <i>The Sacred World of the Celts</i>, <i>Secret Games of the Gods</i>, and <i>The Ancient Science of Geomancy</i>. He lives near Cambridge, England, where he follows the oral tradition and Pagan lore of his native East Anglia.
- Author(s)Nigel Pennick
- PublisherDestiny Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDestiny Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.