All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe stunning debut fantasy vel from author Peter V. Brett.The Painted Man, book one of the Demon Cycle, is a captivating and thrilling fantasy adventure, pulling the reader into a world of demons, darkness and heroes. Sometimes there is very good reason to be afraid of the dark...Arlen lives with his parents on their small farmstead, half a day's ride from the isolated hamlet of Tibbet's Brook. As dusk falls each evening, a mist rises from the ground promising death to any foolish eugh to brave the coming darkness. For hungry demons materialize from the vapours to feed, and as the shadows lengthen, all of humanity is forced to take shelter behind magical wards and pray that their protection holds until the dawn.But when Arlen's world is shattered by the demon plague, he realizes that it is fear, rather than the monsters, which truly cripples humanity. Only by conquering their own terror can they ever hope to defeat the demons. Now Arlen must risk leaving the safety of his wards to discover a different path, and offer humanity a last, fleeting chance of survival.Voted one of the top ten fantasy vels of 2008 by amazon.co.uk.
- Author BiographyPeter went to the University at Buffalo, where he studied Dungeons & Dragons, fencing, and girls. Somehow, he also managed to earn a (totally useful!) Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a minor in Art History in 1995. Following college, Peat spent approximately 8 months managing a comic shop and pondering what to do with his life. He then went into medical publishing, squandering ten years of his physical prime sitting in a cubicle. He contented himself with writing books he never hoped to sell. In June of 2007, his hard work and perseverance paid off, as he sold his 4th novel, THE PAINTED MAN, and in October of 2007, he left his day job to pursue writing full time. He lives in Brooklyn NY with his wife Dani and two cats, Jinx and Max Powers.
- Author(s)Peter V. Brett
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Demon Cycle
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date05/02/2013
- Weight304 g
- Width112 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.