Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionAs part of a large oral history project of the Research Center for Arts and Culture of Columbia University aimed at compiling information on the training, career choices, and patterns of development of artists, twelve insightful narrative interviews were edited and collected for this volume. The painters were selected to provide demographic, ethnic, and gender balance and to represent three broad career stages: emerging, established, and mature. In vivid strokes, they discuss their family backgrounds, education, gatekeepers, experiences, and personal and artistic development. Each interview is prefaced by brief career data and followed by hors and exhibit sources, and a representative painting is illustrated in color. The volume introduction offers a capsule history of art in America, and a bibliography is included.
- Author BiographyJOAN JEFFRI is Director of the Research Center for Arts and Culture of Columbia University, which she founded in 1985, Coordinator of Columbia's master's degree program in arts administration, and former Executive Editor of The Journal of Arts Management and Law. Her books include Arts Money: Raising It, Saving It, and Earning It, ARTIST HELP: The Artist's Guide to Work-Related Human and Social Services, The Emerging Arts: Management, Survival and Growth (Praeger, 1980) and The Craftsperson Speaks: Artists in Varied Media Discuss Their Crafts (Greenwood Press, 1992).
- Author(s)Joan Jeffri
- Date of Publication18/08/1993
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of Art & Architecture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.