All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe original 1993 edition of The Painter's Handbook was t just ather guide to artist's materials; it established itself as an amazingly thorough professional resource, with complete details on the vast array of materials available to the artist, including canvases and papers, sizes and grounds, pigments and binders, solvents and thinners, varnishes and preservatives. The book also contains dozens of step-by-step recipes for making art materials, including made at home or the studio paints, pastels, varnishes, gessoes, sizes, supports, and equipment. The Painter's Handbook , revised and expanded, is a thoroughly revised edition of the original publication. It has been updated to accommodate the ermous changes in the art materials world during the past decade: in which many new kinds of revolutionary paints and pigments have entered the market; new health issues are addressed concerning outmoded and even harmful materials and practices; and new ASTM standards - of which the author Mark Gottsegen is the chairman of this government committee to set standards for the performance, quality, and health labelling of artist's paints and related materials - on light fastness and the general longevity of art materials are provided.
- Author BiographyMark David Gottsegen is the author of The Painter's Handbook (ISBN 0-8230-3003-2), which has sold over 17,000 copies. Gottsegen is professor of art at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. As Chairman of the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) Subcommittee on Artists' Paints and Related Materials, he helped develop ASTM standards for the performance, quality, and health labelling of artist's paints.
- Author(s)Mark David Gottsegen
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note100 b&w illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.