All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionPaleo-style diets are all the rage as fitness enthusiasts, including the booming nation of CrossFitters, have adopted high-protein, low-processed-food diets to fuel their exercise. It all began with the publication of the book The Paleo Diet by rewned scientist Loren Cordain, PhD, who presented a breakthrough plan for weight loss and disease prevention without dieting or exercising. In 2005, Dr. Cordain joined with endurance coach Joe Friel to write The Paleo Diet for Athletes . It sold 8,000 copies that first year, but it has sold even better as a backlist title - more than 20,000 units in both 2010 and 2012. Now, the authors offer an updated and revised edition of The Paleo Diet for Athletes , specifically targeting runners, triathletes, and other serious amateur athletes. Cordain and Friel show that by using the foods our bodies were designed to eat - protein, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, and even some saturated fats - anyone can achieve total-body fitness and dramatically improve the strength and cardiovascular efficiency. The Paleo Diet for Athletes gives specific guidelines for what to eat before, during and after a workout or competition along with simple, tasty recipes packed with power and wholesome ingredients.
- Author BiographyLOREN CORDAIN, PhD, a world-renowned scientist and expert on Paleolithic diets, is a professor in the department of health and exercise science at Colorado State University. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. </p>JOE FRIEL, MS, is founder and president of Ultrafit, LLC, an association of elite endurance coaches. His books include <i>The Cyclist's Training Bible</i> and <i>The Triathlete's Training Bible. </i>He lives in Scottsdale, Arizona.</p>
- Author(s)Joe Friel,Loren Cordain
- PublisherRodale Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- simon667002 Jul, 2014by
Gave some good advice for sticking to Paleo and still being able to train.
Its been a good resource to help stay focused and gives lots of specific advice with regard to pre and post training nutrition. Which is what I was after.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.