All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis state-of-the-art, comprehensive Handbook fully explores the field of alternative education on an international scale. Alternatives to mainstream schooling and education are becoming increasingly recognised as pertinent and urgent for better understanding what really works in successfully educating children and adults today, especially in light of the increased performance driven and managerially organised ecomic modelling of education that dominates. For too long we have wondered what exactly education done otherwise might look like and here we meet individual examples as well as seeing what alternative education is when a collection becomes greater than the sum of parts. The Handbook profiles numerous empirical examples from around the world of education being done in invative and excitingly democratic and automous ways from Forest Schools and Home Education through to new techlogies, neuroscience and the importance of solitude. The book also sets out important theoretical perspectives to inform us why seeing education through an alternative lens is useful as well as urgently needed. Global in its perspective and definitive in content, this one-stop volume will be an indispensable reference resource for a wide range of academics, students and researchers in the fields of Education, Education Policy, Sociology and Philosophy as well as educational practitioners.
- Author BiographyHelen E Lees is Lecturer in Education Studies at Newman University, UK and founding Editor-in-Chief of Other Education - The Journal of Educational Alternatives. Her latest monograph is Education Without Schools - Discovering Alternatives (Policy Press, 2014). Nel Noddings is Jacks Professor Emeriti of Child Education at Stanford University, USA. She is a highly published, globally renowned philosopher of feminism, education and care.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 6 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight949 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byHelen Lees,Nel Noddings
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.