All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.74
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.61
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.37
- AU $11.90Trending at AU $13.78
- AU $13.47Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $7.51Trending at AU $12.30
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.92
About this product
- DescriptionChildren and their parents and grandparents will love these stories of family life, entitled The Pancake Stories because they begin with Timothy Taylor's adventure in making breakfast for his parents. Peggy Pond Church, one of the great New Mexico authors of the twentieth century, wrote these stories for her own sons in the 1930s, and her daughter-in-law Elizabeth Church created the illustrations in the 1950s. Now at last they are published, both in the original English and in Noel Chilton's Spanish translation. All the Pancake Stories are about Timothy Taylor and his family: his mother, his father, and his eccentric aunties. A horse who goes to the movies, a cat who has too many kittens, and a dog who makes everyone laugh are all part of Timothy's world. Read these stories aloud. They will remind you how much fun it is to be a child.
- Author BiographyPeggy Pond Church (1903-86) was the author of The House at Otowi Bridge: The Story of Edith Warner and Los Alamos , published in 1959 by the University of New Mexico Press and in print ever since. Church was presented with the Governor's Award for Excellence and Achievement in the Arts in 1984. Her Shoes for the Santo Nino , another story for children, was published in 2009, and in 2011 was performed by The University of New Mexico Children's Chorus with the Santa Fe Opera company.
- Author(s)Peggy Pond Church
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byNoel Chilton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.