All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever felt a sense of dread and worry creeping over you? That might be the Panicosaurus coming out to play...Sometimes the Panicosaurus tricks Mabel's brain into panicking about certain challenges, such as walking past a big dog on the street or when her favourite teacher is t at school. With the help of Smartosaurus, who lets her kw there is really thing to be afraid of, Mabel discovers different ways to manage Panicosaurus, and defeat the challenges he creates for her. This fun, easy-to-read and fully illustrated storybook will inspire children who experience anxiety, and encourage them to banish their own Panicosauruses with help from Mabel's strategies. Parents and carers will like the helpful introduction, explaining anxiety in children, and the list of techniques for lessening anxiety at the end of the book.
- Author BiographyK. I. Al-Ghani is a special educational needs teacher who has worked for more than 35 years in the field of education. She is currently a specialist teacher for inclusion support and is involved with training professionals, students and parents in aspects of ASD. As an author and a mother of a son with ASD, she has spent the last 25 years researching the enigma that is autism. Haitham Al-Ghani is 27 years of age. He earned a triple distinction in multimedia studies and was the 2007 winner of the Vincent Lines Award for creative excellence. Haitham is an author, cartoon animator and the illustrator of many children's books.
- Author(s)Kay Al-Ghani
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleK.I. Al-Ghani Children's Colour Story Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note18 colour illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Haitham Al-Ghani
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Most relevant reviews
- rafikisusan11 May, 2014by
A very handy resource for anyone concerned about anxiety in children. Strategies suggested within the story are effective.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.