All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the days of hunter-gathers to modern shoppers attempting to decipher the complexity of products on food shelves today, the way we procure our food has changed dramatically. But our need for proper urishment remains the same. Processed food, fast food, adulterated, and chemically enhanced foods make navigating the stocking of our pantries with healthy foods a truly mystifying chore. Many of us don't kw where this food comes from, and we don't kw what's really in it. Most people who walk into a grocery store think that all of the edible-appearing products on the shelves are food. The truth is that many of them are t! Many of these items contain ingredients that have the potential to be harmful. Even though legislation generally protects us against illegal food substances, evidence is showing many items to be either unsafe or at the very least t nutritious or healthful food options. We are seduced by the pretty pictures on the box or the marketing claims by the manufacturer. We don't really kw what's in our food, trusting that if they are selling it we can eat it. This book will help you take back control of your pantry and your food source. You will discover those items that are t contributing nutrition value and perhaps detracting from your health and that of your loved ones. You will learn how to stock your pantry with the healthiest choices available.
- Author BiographyMira Dessy is a Certified Nutrition Educator and Real Food Advocate who emphasizes a healthy lifestyle and eating whole foods. She is a member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and also belongs to the Society of Nutrition Education and Behavior, the American Holistic Health Association, and the Weston A. Price Foundation. She speaks frequently to laypeople and nutrition professionals on how to navigate the grocery store's mammoth packaged food stock, to decipher confusing food labels, and to choose healthy convenience foods. Her motto is, 'Eat well to be well.
- Author(s)Mira Dessy Ne
- PublisherVersadia Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVersadia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.