Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn these poems, Teresa Cader undertakes three poetic explorations, all of them deriving from the book's opening image of a paper wasp spinning its white nest on a terrace in ancient China. The paper universe assembled by the wasp teems with both destructive and creative forces and will lead to the invention of paper and the power of writing. The book's first section explores the mystery of creativity; the second looks beneath the papery surface of the nest at the connection between physical and figurative birth. Internal Exile, winner of the Poetry Society of America's 1997 George Bogin Memorial Award, forms the third section of the collection, addressing the invasion of the nest by destructive powers in the example of the life of Soviet writer Eugenia Ginzburg.
- Author(s)Teresa Cader
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.