All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis multi-award-winning book tells the story of how Anangu from five different language groups came to live together at Papunya. From the time of first contacts with explorers, missionaries and pastoralists, through to the Papunya art movement and the Warumpi Band, this multi-layered text finally leads us to the development of the unique educational environment that is Papunya School. As an example of two way learning, it is a profound metaphor for reconciliation.
- Author BiographyThis book is a unique collaboration involving the staff and students of Papunya School, working together with children's writer Nadia Wheatley and artist Ken Searle. Combining many voices and many hands, it was originally produced as a resource to be used for the Papunya School Curriculum. 'We want to see the children, after being educated at Papunya School, coming out like honey ants full of honey - nice and healthy honey - not poison inside. We want to see the children learning both ways, and coming out bright orange and yellow together, like honey ants.' (Linda Kapunani Allen) Nadia Wheatley is one of Australia's most highly respected writers for children and teenagers. Ken Searle is an artist and illustrator.
- PrizesWinner of NSW Premier's History Award: Young People's History Prize 2002 and Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Eve Pownall Award for Information Books 2002.
- Author(s)Nada Wheatley
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication07/01/2003
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight266 g
- Width280 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ken Searle
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.