All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn the latest chapter of his bestselling Joshua series, Joseph Girzone offers fresh inspiration in this collection of fifty never-before-published contemporary vignettes that underscore the most important lessons of the gospel. Joseph Girzone's vels about Joshua, the carpenter who transforms ordinary lives with words of peace and loving actions, have sold more than three million copies and captured the hearts of readers around the world. In The Parables of Joshua, perhaps his most powerful book since the original Joshua, Girzone distills the essence of Christian teaching in entertaining and inspiring bite-sized tales set against the background of current society. For some today, the parables of the New Testament are quaint, old-fashioned stories, with little relevance to everyday life in the twenty-first century. As Girzone writes in his Introduction, I have heard the most callous people comment with such great piety on the parables that I could t help but wonder if we haven't made parables pleasant-sounding fables about human situations long past, but with present-day meaning. In order to recapture their original vitality Girzone revives the timeless messages behind the original parables by dressing them in modern clothes, presenting them through Joshua in a conversational style that will resonate with a modern audience. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJoseph F. Girzone retired from the active priesthood in 1981 for health reasons and embarked on a successful second career as a writer and international speaker. His bestselling books include Joshua: The Homecoming, A Portrait of Jesus, and Never Alone. In 1995 he established the Joshua Foundation, an organization dedicated to making Jesus better known throughout the world. He lives in Albany, New York. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Joseph F. Girzone
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight220 g
- Width141 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.