All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliantly funny, gripping vel - and the bestselling hardback children's debut of 2014 - from a born storyteller, The Parent Agency is an epic wish-fulfilment adventure for every child - and for the child in everyone. Barry said, a third time, I wish I had better parents! And then suddenly the entire room started to shake...Barry Bennett hates being called Barry. In fact it's number 2 on the list of things he blames his parents for, along with 1) 'being boring' and 3) 'always being tired'. But there is a world, t far from this one, where parents don't have children. That's far too random for something so big and important. In this world, children are allowed to choose their parents. For Barry Bennett, this world seems like a dream come true. Only things turn out to be t quite that simple...Illustrated by Roald Dahl Funny Prize winner, Jim Field.
- Author BiographyDavid Baddiel has written and performed in a series of highly successful TV comedy shows, including The Mary Whitehouse Experience and Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned. He is the author of three previous novels for adults, but The Parent Agency is his first book for children. He lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of Laugh Out Loud Book Awards: 9-13 Years 2016.
- Author(s)David Baddiel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Weight410 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Field
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.