All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia is the only consumer guide to one of the most common birth defects in our nation! Now instead of having to comb through medical texts or scour the internet for information, concerned parents of children with hip dysplasia can have all the information they need for treating their children at their fingertips. Hip dysplasia affects 1 in 1,000 babies, either as developmental hip dysplasia (DDH) or congential hip dysplasia (CDH). With this condition, the child's hip joint structure does t fit together rmally, and the problem can grow worse as the child grows. If untreated, the condition can cause serious hip problems in adulthood. Fortunately, this condition responds well to medical treatment, and this book guides concerned parents through all of the options and obstacles of treating a child with hip dysplasia. The book covers hip anatomy, risk factors, how diagsis is made, how to communicate with doctors about the condition, and covers harnesses, braces, casts, surgery, and potential complications for children ages 0-17. The book also addresses the special care needs of children with hip dysplasia and how to manage pain at home. It concludes with a list of resources. Author Betsy Miller was treated for hip dysplasia as a child, and she was inspired to write this book to provide support and information to parents in an accessible, reader-friendly format.
- Author BiographyBetsy Miller is a technical writer and the author of The Parents' Guide to Clubfoot. She is a member of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute Advisory Board, and she wrote The Parents' Guide to Hip Dysplasia to provide support and information to families of children with hip dysplasia, a condition she was treated for as a child. She lives in Cupertino, California, with her husband and their two daughters.
- Author(s)Betsy Miller
- PublisherHunter House Publishers
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.