All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Parthen is more than just a magnificent building. Every marble statue, every graceful column, is an expression of a civisation whose three great values still speak to us today: democracy, humanism, balance. This book tells of the rise of Athens, culminating in the construction of the great temple on the Acropolis. It captures the human stories and the technical details behind the building of the Parthen. It talks about the story of the world's most famous temple, its art and architecture. It is illustrated throughout with detailed colour artwork by Yuan Lee. It also features historic artwork, archive photographs, gatefold illustrations, timelines, glossary, maps and index. Wonders of the World is the award-winning series that tells the stories behind humanity's most extraordinary creations.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Mann has written nine Wonders of the World books, an award-winning series. She is former teacher in New York, holds an M.S.E. and is cofounder of Mikaya Press. Yuan Lee holds both an MA in art history and an MFA in illustration. His paintings have appeared in books and magazines, and on UN stamps.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Mann
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleWonders of the World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMiyaka Press
- Content Note25 colour illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width255 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest Age9 to 13 years
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.