Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $4.69+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Finalist, 2015Foreword Reviews IndieFab Book of the Year Award</b><b>Silver Medal, Romance, 2015 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award First Place, Historical Romance, 2015 Chanticleer Chatelaine Award Finalist, Historical Fiction, 2015 Cahnticleer Chaucer Awards</b> From the shores of The Great Lakes to the slums of Bombay and a tiny island in between, this love story takes the reader on an intimate journey to unravel a family secret that s lainhidden for generations. To satisfy her wandering feet, eighteen-year-old Gillian McAllister is sent from Ireland to Canada in the summer of 1932. She arrives with her Irish ways intact, determined t to let the wiles of crop duster Christian Hunter woo her into submission. Yet as the summer unfolds and the sweet taste of love grows, Gillian s appeal lures more than she anticipates, shattering the life they ve built. Fourteen years, a Great Depression, and a World War later, Christian sets out to discover why Gillian was ripped from his life. What he discovers on the Isle of Man will change them both forever. Not even a thatched cottage by the sea, a spritely Gillian, or memories sprinkled on a page can mask the secret that has been buried for too long. But it isn t until a set of poems is given to Gillian s granddaughter that the real mystery Gillian s true secret is freed.Benjamin Franklin Silver Medal Award winner.
- Author BiographySusan Ornbratt was born in London, Canada and grew up on the dance floor until her brother s high school rowing crew needed a coxswain. Quickly, she traded in her ballet shoes for a megaphone and went on to compete in the Junior and Senior World Championships and the XIII Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh, Scotland. A graduate from the University of Western Ontario in French and the University of Manitoba in elementary education, as well as attending L Universite Blaise Pascal Clermont-Ferrand II in France while she worked as a fille au pair, Susan has gone on to teach and live in six countries. Although a maple leaf will forever be stitched on her heart, she has called Sweden her home for the past sixteen years with a recent three-year stint in North Carolina, USA for her husband s work. It was there where Susan wrote The Particular Appeal of Gillian Pugsley. Susan lives in Gothenburg with her husband and two children and an apple tree beloved by the local moose population. If she isn t shooing away the beasts, you can find her in her garden with some pruning shears, a good book and always a cup of tea. If Susan were dried out, she could be brewed.
- Author(s)Susan Ornbratt
- PublisherLight Messages Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLight Messages Publishing
- Weight370 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.