All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe book analyses how political parties compete and strategise on the issue of territorial reform using case-studies that include countries from both Western (Belgium, Germany, Italy and Spain) and Central-Eastern Europe (Poland, Slovakia and Romania). Each case-study considers different drivers of decentralization, such as territorial identities and the demands of regionalist parties for territorial automy or independence, efficiency concerns related to issues of uneven ecomic development and ecomic competitiveness, the pressure from supra-national organizations (especially the EU), as well as different combinations of these drivers. They also consider how the ideology and organisation of state-wide parties and the institutional context in which they compete shape their responses to these drivers and their strategy towards the question of territorial reform. This collection investigates the logic of the actions that guide political parties' strategy to highlight trends that are apparent across the case-studies. This book was originally published as a special issue of West European Politics.
- Author BiographyEmanuele Massetti is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Gediz University, Izmir, Turkey. He obtained a PhD in Politics and Contemporary European Studies in 2010 at the University of Sussex, UK. In 2010-11 he was a Postdoctoral Fellow and Teaching Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, UK. His research interests are in the fields of political parties, ethno-regionalist politics and institutional reforms. Simon Toubeau is Garcia Pelayo Research Fellow at the Centre for Political and Constitutional Studies (CEPC) in Madrid, Spain, and a Scientific Collaborator at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. He holds a PhD in Political and Social Sciences from the European University Institute (EUI). His research interests are in the fields of nationalism, regionalism and federalism and party competition in Europe.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEmanuele Massetti,Simon Toubeau
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.