The Party Thieves: The Real Story of the 2010 Election by Barrie Cassidy (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.20Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by books_in_oz
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarrie Cassidy picked a hell of an election to cover: changes of leaders on both sides of politics, Australia's first woman Prime Minister, a hung parliament and a country t kwing who its Prime Minister was for nearly three weeks. But in the beginning were the Party Thieves, Malcolm Turnbull and Kevin Rudd. Turnbull's manic desire to get his own way in the party, and because he simply stopped listening, led to his demise. Rudd stole the party through his authoritarian approach to government and a cabinet that felt alienated from the job of governing. In both cases, the members of their respective parties came at the Party Thieves to reclaim what was rightfully theirs, and set the stage for the ascension of Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard. And all that, before we even get to the 2010 election campaign. The Party Thieves is more than just a campaign diary of the extraordinary 2010 election and its aftermath; it is a rip-roaring, incisive analysis of a tumultuous nine months in politics that even surprised veteran journalists such as Cassidy.
- Author BiographyBarrie Cassidy is a veteran political journalist. In 1986 he became Bob Hawke's press secretary, leaving when Paul Keating took over the leadership in 1991. In 2010, Cassidy wrote The Party Thieves- The Real Story of the 2010 Election and in 2013 co-authored An Ocean of Cricket with his son Adam. Cassidy currently hosts the Sunday morning political discussion show Insiders and the sports panel show Offsiders on ABC TV.
- Author(s)Barrie Cassidy
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight368 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.