All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Isis and Osiris really begins with their conception and their siblings' conception in the belly of Nut, the great heavenly goddess. Theirs is a tale of passion, love, sorrow, betrayal, and forgiveness. The remembrance of love lost and found and lost again. It is also a story about the jealousy of brothers, the pain of death, and the transformative joy that arises unexpectedly from the bitter fruit of sorrows. --Jean HoustonIn The Passion of Isis and Osiris, Jean Houston, internationally rewned philosopher, psychologist, and explorer of world myth, takes us deep into the mysteries of Egypt, land of the ancient soul within us all. It is a culture in which every moment is filled with the interplay of human and divine.At the very center of Egyptian life, and its most eternal legacy to the world, is hieroglyphic thinking. The Egyptians created a language and perception of reality in which many meanings dance together--mind and emotion, spirit and material, thought, word, and image all coalesce in a single vibrant synergy. Divine humans interact with living gods and guides who link the worlds of nature, humanity, and cosmic spirit. Jean Houston brings this world to wonderful life, showing how the myth of Isis and Osiris gives modern readers a design for the marriage of body and soul, life and death, the tangible and the hidden. She shows how--in detailed exercises and dramatic enactments that can be done in groups or alone--we can identify the Isis and Osiris that are seeking reunion in each of us.The Passion of Isis and Osiris re-creates thing less than a moment of Egyptian magic that allows us to enter a consciousness that is the gateway to transcendentlove. This story of two spiritual soulmates still has resonance for us today, whether we are seeking to join the disparate parts of self or searching for a mate to bond with, soul to soul.
- Author(s)Jean Houston
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations, map
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.