All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPassivhaus is the fastest growing energy performance standard in the world, with almost 50,000 buildings realised to date. Applicable to both domestic and n-domestic building types, the strength of Passivhaus lies in the simplicity of the concept. As European and global energy directives move ever closer towards Zero (fossil) Energy standards, Passivhaus provides a robust 'fabric first' approach from which to make the next step. The Passivhaus Designers Manual is the most comprehensive technical guide available to those wishing to design and build Passivhaus and Zero Energy Buildings. As a technical reference for architects, engineers and construction professionals The Passivhaus Designers Manual provides: * State of the art guidance for anyone designing or working on a Passivhaus project; * In depth information on building services, including high performance ventilation systems and ultra-low energy heating and cooling systems; * Holistic design guidance encompassing: daylight design, ecological materials, thermal comfort, indoor air quality and ecomics; * Practical advice on procurement methods, project management and quality assurance; * Renewable energy systems suitable for Passivhaus and Zero Energy Buildings; * Practical case studies from the UK, USA, and Germany amongst others; * Detailed worked examples to show you how it's done and what to look out for; * Expert advice from 20 world rewned Passivhaus designers, architects, building physicists and engineers. Lavishly illustrated with nearly 200 full colour illustrations, and presented by two highly experienced specialists, this is your one-stop shop for comprehensive practical information on Passivhaus and Zero Energy buildings.
- Author BiographyChristina J. Hopfe is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Sustainable Building Design at Loughborough University. She is a Chartered Engineer and a Member of CIBSE. She has a Dipl-Ing in Civil Engineering from TU Darmstadt, Germany, and a PhD in Building Performance Simulation from TU/e, the Netherlands. Robert S. McLeod is an Associate of the Building Research Establishment and a freelance building performance consultant. He is one of the UK's leading Passivhaus designers and experts in low carbon design. He has a PhD in Building Physics from Cardiff University and is a Chartered Engineer and a Member of IMeche.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note146 colour illustrations, 27 colour tables
- Weight929 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChristina J. Hopfe,Robert S. McLeod
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.