Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionChina, in its long history, has always been one of the largest empires in the world. Since the turn of the 20th century it has had a tumultuous history and almost isolationist government. However, it is w emerging as one of the world's strongest powers in the world. Yet, a continual thorn in its side is the tiny island of Taiwan across the strait. Several incidents have occurred which have brought the U.S. into the area and has been a cause of concern to the rest of the Pacific community. This paper will explore the three sides of the Taiwan Strait issue and where each side stands. It will provide insight into China and Taiwan's policies and will examine what this means to the U.S. This study attempts to argue that the recent dramatically changed political and ecomic situation across the Taiwan Strait appears to be more in favor of a peaceful relationship between the mainland and Taiwan than ever before. The U.S. could play a more positive role to encourage this development by weaning its defense commitment to Taiwan.
- Author(s)E A Eidal
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight100 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.